AKiTiO Node ProFeatures:
- Thunderbolt 3 for lightning fast transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps
- Dedicated DisplayPort for additional monitor to expand the workspace
- 2nd Thunderbolt port supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, and DisplayPort devices
- USB power delivery provides 60W of power to recharge compatible laptops
- Built-in 500W SFX power supply with an extra pair of 8-pin PCIe power connectors
- 1 PCIe (x16) slot supporting full-length, full-height, double-width cards
- 4 lane PCI Express 3.0 compliant interface
- Wire mesh panel to dissipate heat from cards with on-board fans
- Retractable carry handle to easily transport the device
- No tools required for installation of PCIe card
Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Box for a Full-Length, Double-Width Card
The Node Pro provides an additional PCIe slot for Thunderbolt 3 computers (e.g. laptop computers) where installing an internal expansion card is not an option and for systems where there is not enough space for more PCIe cards. The Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) connection not only makes adding an external PCIe card easy but it also allows you to take the device with you to use on location and move it from one system to another. Installing and replacing the PCIe card is a simple matter of removing a few thumb screws and does not require any tools.
4 lane PCI Express 3.0 compliant interface
The PCIe (x16) slot accepts full-length, full-height, double-width cards and provides a maximum of 75W. The four PCIe Gen3 lanes and the Thunderbolt 3 interface are capable of transfer rates up to 40Gbps, providing enough bandwidth for both the internal PCIe card as well as any additional Thunderbolt devices in the daisy chain.
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) connectors with Power Delivery (PD)Power Delivery (60W)
The reversible USB Type-C (USB-C) connector enhances ease of use for connecting devices with a focus on minimizing user confusion for plug and cable orientation. The Node Pro also supports power delivery (PD) over USB-C, providing up to 3A at 5V, 9V, 15V, 20V with a maximum of 60W of power to compatible laptops like the MacBook Pro (late 2016) that support charging through the USB-C cable. This allows you to recharge your battery even though the laptop is not plugged into any other power source.
Active cooling with large mesh panelPSU fan
The fan for the power supply turns on and off automatically when needed.System fan
The large fan at the bottom of the case pulls out the hot air from inside the enclosure, keeping the the PCIe card cool during long hours of operation.Mesh panel
The mesh panel provides fresh air to keep the PCIe card cool and depending on the on-board fan of the PCIe card, can be used for air intake or exhaust.
Thunderbolt 3 has a bandwidth of 40 Gbps – double the speed of the previous generation, four times of the USB 3.1 10Gbps, and 6~8 times of the USB 3.0 and eSATA interfaces that most storage device is using today.