Design Small and Deliver BIG—2.5-Inch Nearline Drive
- Up to 2TB capacity in 15mm z-height, 2.5-inch form factor for space-constrained data centers
- Designed for high-density storage solutions requiring environmentally sound low power consumption and low weight for maximum storage efficiency
- Choose 12Gb/s SAS for high data integrity, scalability and fast data access or SATA 6Gb/s for economical nearline performance.
- Third-generation, enterprise-class reliability for 24×7 environmental robustness
- Advanced sector formats (4K Native and 512 Emulation) as well as 512 Native support for legacy systems
- Highest efficiency with over 50% improvement in watts/TB, and 18% sequential performance improvement compared to the previous generation
- Improved rotational vibration tolerance and head micro-actuation maximizes system availability and performance.
- Lowest enterprise operating power and enhanced PowerChoice™ options for additional power savings during idle periods
- Protect data where it lives—on the drive—by choosing from government-grade SED FIPS 140-2 option or SED models with Seagate Instant Secure Erase technology for easy and cost-effective drive disposal
- Storage-hungry business applications
- Storage area networks (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS)
- Maximum-capacity entry-level servers and blade servers
- Rich media content storage
- Enterprise backup and restore—D2D, virtual tape
- Cloud computing